So yesterday I started my foray into Crossfit Endurance WODs. First let me say that I am very impressed with the website and how helpful it is.
http://www.crossfitendurance.com/
CFE recommends that you crossfit 4-6 times per week with 2-3 CFE sport specific WODs (for a single sport athlete). Generally it seems as though they also recommend 3 days on and 1 day off rotation. So I am going to try to do this. Since late December I have been crossfitting with my affiliate WODs (Crossfit Asheville!) 3 times per week, with various other exercise the rest of the week (paddling, hiking, running - see my post from yesterday about running- a handful of 5ks, 10k and 12k but nothing routine). I feel like with the Shut - In Ridge Trail run I have a goal on the horizon so I am going to try and crossfit 4x per week and do 2-3 CFE run specific WODs in preparation. I also need to find a good race to do late summer/early fall.
So back to yesterday - I crossfitted in the morning with CFA and then in evening did a CFE WOD that was called a 4 2 1 interval. It was a great workout but my legs felt like jello afterwards, which I think is the point. I was not running on a track so had no way to keep track of my distance, next time I may use a treadmill or go to the UNCA track.
4 2 1 Intervals:
On 4 mins, off 3 mins
On 2 mins, off 30 secs
On 1 min, off 3 mins
On 2 mins, off 30 secs
On 4 mins, DONE
Today I crossfitted at home with the strength and conditioning WOD posted on the CFE website - it was awesome! Plus all I needed at home was a kettlebell and a yoga mat.
At the top of every minute for 15 minutes complete the following until failure to complete it within the minute:
4 clapping push ups (not sure if I did these right)
8 KB swings (I only have a 20 lbs KB at home and have graduated to the 35 lb at CFA, so instead I did single arm swings 4 on each arm).
12 air squats
I got in my 15 minutes and was at about 43 secs each minute to complete the above.
Tomorrow, friday morning I crossfit with CFA and it will be my first time doing 3 on so we'll see how it goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment